I don’t know about you but when I am working on my own it is so easy to forget the obvious little marketing ideas or the really good ideas that you noted down 3 weeks ago but slipped your mind.
Sometimes I just need a little inspiration – especially when life is busy or I have been spinning too many plates.
Anyway, for fun, I though I would list all the little ideas (obvious & not so obvious) that we can sometimes forget when we’ve only got a dog/small child/spider/radio for company!
- Introduce yourself – as you gain more followers on social media it is sometimes nice to say hello! Think a little selfie pic or the view from your office or even a little video.
- Upgrade your email signature – why not add an image of yourself in the signature or a little seasonal logo or quote?
- Run a contest – this could be something formal on your website or a fun caption contest one day on your stories
- Give generously – small business is famous for giving rather than taking so offer something for free – a little top tip, a day of free postage or a video how to.
- Record your first IG video – it’s a big step but regularly updating your audience about life in your business could be a game changer.
- Start a blog – I know! You hate this one BUT it van be hugely beneficial. They don’t need to be long or snappy but niche helps. What is your superpower and can you share it?
- Begin your own networking meet up – don’t be lonely. Meeting people who share your journey might be the door opening you have always dreamed of.
- Optimise your Google My Business – essential maintenance is something we overlook and it’s worth double checking it’s updated, has reviews, lovely pictures and all the great links you need.
- Incentivise your email sign ups – what can you offer to welcome new subscribers onto your email list? Think freebie top tips or discount code.
- Upgrade your photos – take time to take a bank of great images that tells your business story. This will help you stay on brand, save time & improve consistency.
- Re write your ‘About Us’ page – very rarely do we take a regular look at this page on our website. Does it tell your story fully, help people understand your background and skills and is it written in human?
- Add Linktr.ee to your Instagram – this will let you add multiple links to your bio allowing your audience to easily find your services they want most.
- Write your elevator speech – imagine you are in the elevator with a famous investor – can you catch their interest in one sentence (1 floor) – a great exercise in cutting out the waffle.
- Use Tweetdeck – a Twitter owned platform that lets you schedule your tweets and add new columns for hashtags or accounts you are watching.
- Start your own hashtag – you might think that you are too small for this but a hashtag that perfectly describes what you do can be fun for your audience and help people find you.
- Personalise – hand write postcards thank yous, personalise your email marketing, add hand written notes to all your packages.
- Ask for reviews – we forget to do this regularly! You could add all your review places in link form to your email signature e.g. you can now access a Google review link for your customers for your Google My Business.
- Create consistency in your marketing – create a plan for each month ahead.
- Create a video tour of your business – this could be a video of your place or a tour of your online shop or website.
- Take a survey – people love to give their opinion – why now make the most of this to create engagement and give you valuable customer feedback. Use Google Forms to do this for free.