Last week we talked about how to make the most of stories as part of your marketing. To follow up on that How To Guide, today we will talk about how to ‘capture’ some of your favourite stories so that visitors to your bio on Instagram can look through them at any time.
Your stories are a great way of connecting with your audience and converting them into loyal customers. However, what about those users who have only just come across you? Creating your best highlights is a quick and easy way for them to gain a deeper understanding of you and your business as soon as they look at your bio.
Further to this, you can create several different highlights allowing you to categorise your stories and make it easy for your audience to navigate your activity. Here is the example from the Simply Great Britain account.
Here are some easy steps to create highlights on your Instagram bio.
- First up, head to your mobile Instagram app and swipe right to get to your ‘live’ story screen. In the top right of the screen, click on the cog for your ‘Story Controls’. Scroll down and enable ‘Save to Archive’. This will mean that in the coming days, you will be able to access your stories once you are ready to add them to a highlight (even if they have disappeared from public view.
- Next – head to your bio and click the circle with the plus sign in it underneath the bio itself to create a new highlight. You will then have the opportunity to choose one or more of your satires to add to this highlight. TIP: think about how you will categorise your highlights so that you start to choose alike stories in one highlight e.g. ‘Members’ as shown above.
- It’s time to name the highlight you have created. Again think about the theme of this highlight before you name it.
- Make your highlight beautiful. At this point, you will notice that you can ‘edit cover’ which is an opportunity to make your highlight stand out. TIP: use some graphics software like Canva.com to create on brand highlight covers. Simply create your cover images and add them to your phone images so that you then add them to Instagram from this point.
- Once you have your highlights set up, you can add to them at anytime. Simply click your chosen highlight and click ‘more’ from the bottom right of story shown. Click ‘Edit Highlight’ and choose ‘Archive’ in the menu. This will give you access to all the stories you have ever posted and allow to add as many new ones to the highlight as you want.